The Astana Puppet Theatre was established in 29 of December 2010 by Astana Akimat. This event became one of the most amazing appearances in culture life of our capital.
Nowadays the director of the Puppet Theatre is KhasangaliyevaTogshanSkendirovna: the candidate of the philosophy and culture sciences, the holder of “Kurmet” and “25 years of Kazakhstan Republic Independence” orders. The artistic director of the theatre is the honored artist of Kazakhstan Republic and the holder such orders like : “Unite nations”, “Badge of Honoured”,“The contribution of the culture’s development”, “The veteran of the work” and the anniversary medal of “25 years of Kazakhstan Republic Independence” – YeshmuratovaKuralaiKhaleketovna.
And also a production director of theater is the nominee “For Best Actress” (2011) with an anniversary medal “25 years of Kazakhstan Republic Independence” – SalayevaAyzhanKaribayevna.
The real talented on-stage performance group of “Puppet theater” of akimat of the city of Astana for short term could achieve considerable results. “Puppet theater” was awarded the following awards and caused a stir in the following achievements:
- On April 11-18, 2012 in ІІІ the International festival of puppet theaters “ChodariKhael” which took place in the city of Dushanbe of the Republic of Tajikistan the performance of the director and author of the work A. Salayeva “It was shown I drew” and was awarded with the special diploma.
- On November 25-29, 2013 on ІІІ the International festival of puppet theaters of Orteke of the city of Astana the work I. Michchi, J. Roberts, L. Vulvertona “The Lion King” (director A. Salayeva) was presented which received the awards as “The best performance” and “The best actor’s work”.
- On October 1-6, 2013 at the International festival of puppet theaters “Assalaumahaleykum – III” which passed theater in the city of Aktobe, performed with statement “The old man of the Steppe” (the Kazakh national fairy tale, the director A. Salayeva)
- On October 1-6, 2014 the theater participated in a festival of puppet theaters among the CIS countries under the name “Caspian Soul” which took place in Russia in the city of Astrakhan, the on-stage performance group put the performance “I Drew It” (the author and the director A. Salayeva) and was awarded the nominations “Dostik”.
- On October 15-21, 2014 the theater participated in the XVII Istanbul festival of theaters in which once again showed their powerful creative potentials.
- In 2014 for strengthening of friendly relations and exchange of experience, for the first time in the republic signed the contract with the Italian theater “Marionetka”, the Istanbul theater “Karagoz”.
- In 2015 from June 29 to July 2 it was held – І the International festival of puppet theaters of “Kuralay” of a name KuralayEshmuratova in honor of the 70 anniversary since birth and the 50th anniversary of tvorcheksky activity of EshmuratovaKuralayHaleketovna. It became special news in the history of “The Kazakh state puppet theater”. These days the memorandum of Association of puppet theaters of “EURASIA PUPPET” where Kazakhstan, Peru, Estonia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania, Russia, Tatarstan, Tajikistan, Italy enters was accepted.
- On November 24-28, 2015 in the city of Kostanay the IV International festival of puppet theaters of Orteke where S. Zhunusov’s statement “Atameken” (director K. Eshmuratova) recognized in the “For the Solution of Choreographic Plasticity” nomination participated was held “.
- On March 21-25, 2016 in the city of Tambov the International festival under the name “PredanyaStariniGlubokoi” where the performance “Atameken” also participated (the author S. Zhunusov, the director K. Eshmuratova) was held and awarded the Fidelity to National Traditions nominations and the special diploma.
- On April 21-29, 2017 in the city of Yambol (Bulgaria) XX was carried out International
festival of puppet theaters “Mikhail Ljkatnik”. The theater performed with statement “The old man and the steppe” (the Kazakh national fairy tale, the director A. Salayeva) where it gained the diploma in the “Best Performance for the Smallest” nomination.
- On September 1-8, 2017 the Puppet theater of akimat of the city of Astana carried out to the first in the capital
“World carnival of puppets”. On a carnival 47 foreign countries took part. From them 22 countries acquainted with the creativity in video movies, and other 25 countries showed the performances to the audience of Astana.
- On November 4-11, 2017 on the island of Borneo in Malaysia passed the world carnival of puppets of “Rainforest World Puppet Carnival”. On this carnival A. Salayeva’s performances of “East paint” were shown and “I drew it” and was awarded with the nominations: “Best director’s work”, “Best art scenery” and “Prize of spectator sympathies”.
- In honor of the 20 anniversary of the Capital, “Puppet theater” 2018 from July 1 to July 4 was carried out –
IІ International festival of puppet theaters of “Kuralay” of a name by KuralayEshmuratova. At a festival Estonia, Serbia, Russia, Tunisia, Turkey, Bosnia Herzegovina, Belgiya, Italy puppet theaterstook part .
- On September 21-30, 2018 the theater participated in the International festival of the National center of culture of Tunisia in the city of Kartazh with A. Salayeva’s statement of “Colors of the East” where were awarded in two nominations “The Best Performance for the Little Viewer” and “The Best Director’s Work”
- On December 16-23, 2018 the theater participated at the International festival of puppet theaters which took place in Neapolis. The theater performed with A. Salayeva’s statement “Paints of Asia” where gained the diploma in the “Best Performance for the Smallest” nomination
Today the repertoire of “Puppet theater” of akimat of the city of Nur-Sultan includes not only statements of ancient legends and fairy tales, but also foreign original works.